Roles are a way of managing permissions in Moov so you can give members and API keys access to the features they need while keeping data secure.
You’ll need to assign each member and API key at least one role to give them a designated set of permissions. You can assign multiple roles, depending on your use case.
- To see how to invite team members, see Managing teams.
- To learn more about managing API keys, see API keys.
To customize a role and its permissions:
- Navigate to Settings. From there, go to Roles.
- Select the New role button.
- Enter a description for the role you’re creating (e.g. “administrator”, “read-only”, etc.).
- Select the organization for which the role applies.
- Select access level for each permission: none, read, or write. To understand what permissions are associated with each category, hover over the information icon. You’ll see a brief description of what access entails and the policies associated with that permission category.
- Hit Save to finish setting up the role. If you ever need to edit the permissions associated with a role, you can return to Roles, select the role you need to edit, and change its permissions.
- If you need to add or remove roles for an existing member, see the guide on Managing Teams.