We’ve compiled a list of steps for getting ready to launch your integration with Moov. Depending on the specifics of your money movement use case, some of the steps may not be necessary. If you have questions particular to your integration, reach out to your Moov representative.
When you sign up for a Dashboard account, you’ll immediately start out with a test account. You can start inviting team members to your account and interact with Moov’s platform in test mode.
- Sign up for a Dashboard account
- Explore test mode and simulate transfers
- Optional: Give administrator or developer permissions to your team members
In order to move real money you must switch to production. To move to production, you need to complete your business profile, add business representatives, and submit underwriting information to Moov.
- Switch to production mode in the upper left hand corner of the Dashboard
- Set business representatives and submit required underwriting documents to Moov
- Generate API keys in production (note that your test mode API keys will not work in production)
- Create webhooks to subscribe to event notifications
If you’re using Moov.js or any client-side integration, you’ll need to follow these steps as a part of the OAuth2 authentication flow:
For server-to-server integrations, you can simply use your public API key and secret API key with Basic authentication:
- Set the Authorization header to Basic
credentialsis the Base64 encoding of public key and private key joined by a single colon :
- Optional: Migrate data
- Create accounts for your users
- Link cards with the card link Drop
- Link cards via the Moov API*
- Link and verify bank accounts
- Optional: Set up instant account verification with Plaid or MX
- Create transfers
- Handle transfer responses
*In order to link cards directly through the API, you must provide Moov an attestation of PCI compliance.